Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's On Like Donkey Kong

And Dave takes the lead in the still life battle royale.    Kate should know by now, I never back down from a fight, (unless the guy/girl is bigger than me in which case I kick them  in the groin and run away.)  Although she had an overwhelming head start, I have not only caught up, but I am only days away from finishing my still life.  Now remember, this is a competition about speed, not quality of work, so Kate still can't brag when her still life looks better in the end.

I still have to render the remainder of the wood and the doll's legs and arm, but other than that this baby is finished (I hope by now I don't have to remind my readers when something works on two levels.)  This piece, along with several others by Kate and me, are going to be featured in a "Petite Salon" at M Gallery.  For those who don't know, "Petite Salon" means small exhibit in French and I am sure everyone is going to "mucho gusta" our show very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment