Monday, December 17, 2012

ARC Salon


 The Art Renewal Center Salon deadline is fast approaching.  I know a lot of people out there like to find excuses why not to enter, but the whole point of the Salon is to bring together the best artists in the fields of fine art, illustration, and concept art.  There is nothing else like it out there. 

I will say the ARC has helped me tremendously in my career and opened up a lot up a lot of opportunities.  If it wasn't for things like the ARC Student scholarship, I would have found myself hard pressed to have attended things like the Hudson River Fellowship.  In addition, Fred and Sherry Ross have purchased many works from both Kate and I.  We have both placed in the Salon with large cash prize awards which always seemed to come right when we really needed it. 

It is my hope that this year more concept artists and illustrators will enter, as they are also truly pushing the boundaries of realism and often go unnoticed.  For more information on entering, click here.


Here's one of the pieces I entered.  The "Happy Huntsman" finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment